Monday, January 12, 2009

Mark Grundy at Perlow-Stevens Gallery

I attended a reception at the Perlow-Stevens Gallery on Broadway this past Saturday. New material was displayed by a number of notable regional artists; I would particularly point people towards the work of Joel Sager, who I've known for a couple of years. I find his work particularly moody and he does excellent portraits, among other things.

I also wanted to drop a note about another artist whose work was on display that night. Mark Grundy is a painter of some accomplishment and does good work with water-based paints. He also happens to represent Golden Barrel, a wine distributor, throughout Mid-Missouri, and we are proud to support many of the wines he brings to Columbia.

A final note: I don't claim to be very able to discuss art intelligently, so I hope I haven't misrepresented anyone's work; if I have, please leave me a comment.

No comments: