Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Bartending

Pete Wells in the New York Times writes a quick guide to summer bartending, with an emphasis on quality ingredients and how they're used to make truly refreshing drinks. As someone who rarely drinks mixed drinks (mostly because I dislike the bastardized versions that have become prevalent thanks in great part to syrupy high-frutose corn syrup additives in cola and tonic) I'm excited to try some of these at home, particularly the Pimm's Saigon.

As I noted previously, I rarely drink mixed drinks; when I do, it's usually at places like Cherry Street Wine Cellar & Bistro, Sycamore Restaurant, or Teller's. Where do you go for properly made drinks?

On a slightly tangential note, I'll be attending a blind beer tasting at Sycamore Restaurant this Sunday at 3pm (June 28th); the theme is stouts. More information on the tasting, hosted by Columbia Beer Enthusiasts, can be found here.

2 comments:

neverett said...

I too enjoyed that article. I'm looking forward to making Moscow Mules with homemade ginger ale this summer. Homemade stuff is really not hard--just make sure you don't let the pressure in the bottle get too high!

Mary Lee said...

There are so many people who love to whisk up their own wines. While this may be true of wines, for people who love their smoke, fine cigars are generally sourced from producers who have a tradition of manufacturing such quality cigars. You can visit many cigar related websites to locate fine Cigars online. You can then take your pick and place your order.